The Bronte real estate market is bounded by Lake Ontario to the south, Burloak Dr. to the west, the QEW highway to the north, and the Bronte Creek to the east.
Originally founded in 1834, Bronte Village was known for commercial fishing. In 1962, the Village officially joined The Town of Oakville. This area has kept its charm by developing the harbor and downtown core with quaint shops and boutiques.
Although there are many older parts, Bronte real estate is quickly transforming itself, as older and small cottages are being replaced by large custom build estate homes for sale.
Recent sub-divisions such as Lakeshore Woods provide a variety of single and semi-detached options, while the Bronte community has both old and new high-rise condominium apartments adjacent to Lake Ontario. Shell Park provides a large green space as well as 4 soccer pitches, multiple baseball diamonds, a BMX/Skateboard park, and an off the leash area for dogs. Residents have an excellent choice of nearby schools.